I read this humorous and provocative list today, and just couldn’t help posting it on my blog for a slight change of pace. I hope it gives you a good laugh, lightens up your day a bit, and also provides you with some ‘food for thought’ (an option for that at least). EnJOY!!! (Note: I have shortened the list a little, leaving out a couple of the more serious, not-so-funny admonitions).
Things Learned The Hard Way
From a weekly newsletter published by http://www.strangecosmos.com/
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings.”
3. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
4. You should not confuse your career with your life.
5. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance!
6. Never lick a steak knife.
7. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
8. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
9. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
10. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
11. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
12. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
13. Your real friends love you anyway.